In the unfortunate circumstance when a pensioner passes away, here are some helpful steps to help you in the process
1.      Let the police department know. (847) 982-5900. They will know who are the current members of the pension board.
2.      Let the pension board know. Either Laura Werner (847) 982-5988, Rich Wolfer (847) 982-5972, Jim Hart or whomever replaces Terry Shiel.
3.      Call Lauterbach & Amen, LLP. Ask for our representative, Steve Earnhardt. He can be reached at (630) 393-1483.
Lauterbach & Amen, LLP will be able to provide all paperwork and information that will be needed to convert to a survivors pension.
4.      When you can obtain a death certificate it will need to be forwarded to the Attention of the pension board at 7300 Niles Center, Skokie, Illinois 60077
The funeral home should be able to help with getting the death certificate.